It’s been a positive second day of practice at the Grand Prix of the Czech Republic for Pol Espargaro, who has improved his laptime by more than one second and has finished the qualifying in 14th, 1.2 seconds behind the pole position. The HP Tuenti Racing rider will start from the fifth row of the grid at the historic circuit of Brno, with a best time of 0.3s behind sixth position. Polyccio encountered many problems with the setup in both Friday sessions, but did not stop to progress in the two sessions on Saturday, the first in the wet and the second with the track completely dry, and finished the day with a good feeling for the race and the goal to get back to collecting as many points as possible. In this return from vacation and facing the final stretch of the season Pol Espargaro wants to be regularly in the Top 5 and fight to get on the podium in any race.
14. Pol Espargaro, 2.03.715: “I’ve improved my time from yesterday by more than a second, but I’m not completely satisfied, because I could have done a little more and be among the top ten. For the first time this year I was able to take full advantage of the soft tyres and in each of the two sessions when I went on the track I have improved my time considerably. The first four are a little far away, but on the sixth-placed, my brother Aleix, I lose just three tenths of a second on him. I am optimistic for the race and I think we can get a good result and score many points, but I will have to start well and not lose positions in the first two laps.”
Source: HP Tuenti
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019