Luis Salom could not start in the 125cc race of the Czech GP. The rider of RW Racing GP broke his hand when he crashed in the warm up session on Sunday morning. He was taken to Mallorca to have an operation.
Salom was in his third lap in the warm up session when he steered his Aprilia a bit too wide through a right corner. He touched the grass that was still damp from the rain that fell during the night. The Spaniard hit the ground with his hands and broke the metacarpal of the middle finger of his right hand.
In the medical center the doctors found a compound fracture that has to be repaired with screws. Racing in Brno was therefore out of the question. Salom will have an operation on the isle of Mallorca, where he lives. RW Racing GP hopes their rider will be fit for the Indianapolis race in two weeks time.
Roelof Waninge, team owner: “It’s a real pity, because Luis was well qualified in fifth place and everything looked to be going well. He will join us for Indianapolis anyway. We will decide if he will race there when we get there. The health of the rider is the most important for us. We wish him well.”
Source: RW Racing GP
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018