Luis Salom could not start in the 125cc race of the Czech GP. The rider of RW Racing GP broke his hand when he crashed in the warm up session on Sunday morning. He was taken to Mallorca to have an operation.
Salom was in his third lap in the warm up session when he steered his Aprilia a bit too wide through a right corner. He touched the grass that was still damp from the rain that fell during the night. The Spaniard hit the ground with his hands and broke the metacarpal of the middle finger of his right hand.
In the medical center the doctors found a compound fracture that has to be repaired with screws. Racing in Brno was therefore out of the question. Salom will have an operation on the isle of Mallorca, where he lives. RW Racing GP hopes their rider will be fit for the Indianapolis race in two weeks time.
Roelof Waninge, team owner: “It’s a real pity, because Luis was well qualified in fifth place and everything looked to be going well. He will join us for Indianapolis anyway. We will decide if he will race there when we get there. The health of the rider is the most important for us. We wish him well.”
Source: RW Racing GP
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Qatar GP, Losail: Raceday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 18, 2018
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar! March 18, 2018
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0 March 18, 2018
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller March 18, 2018
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP March 18, 2018
- Van Eerde takes first Australian win in stunning duel March 18, 2018
- Martin wins Spanish desert duel in opening Moto3™ race March 18, 2018