The iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) will be this weekend the scene of the twelfth round of the Motorcycling World Championship. The centenarian American track will held for the fourth time a Grand Prix of the World Championship where Marc Márquez in Moto2 will arrive with the highest aspirations both for the race and for their overall standings positions.
A victory that escaped Marc Márquez a fortnight ago at the Czech Republic. In his first year in Moto2, the Repsol rider is second in the overall standings and arrives to the United States after reducing the leader’s —Stefan Bradl— advantage by 39 points in the last four races. Indianapolis is a track that did not went well for him in the 125cc class, but he set the fastest lap in that category. After gathering three victories and one second place in the last four Grand Prix, Emilio Alzamora’s pupil will face a new challenge in the American track to keep learning and improving on his Moto2.
Marc Márquez: “The Czech Republic Grand Prix was an important race after the summer break — it is a circuit where we had always had trouble — and it was fun, very competitive and we showed a good level, so we get to Indianapolis eager to fight.
Moreover, we get to one of the countries where I like to ride, because the atmosphere there is very special. It is an unusual track, completely flat, with lots of bumps and with many changes of surface. We will see how it goes with the new tarmac, because it is something we have to take into account.
With the 125cc it was not bad, it is a fun track and you have to take the corners properly to be able to chain one after another without losing time”.
Source: Repsol Media
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018