The iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) will be this weekend the scene of the twelfth round of the Motorcycling World Championship. The centenarian American track will held for the fourth time a Grand Prix of the World Championship where Casey Stoner, Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso arrive with the highest aspirations both for the race and for their overall standings positions.
A place on the podium will be the target for Dani Pedrosa. The Indianapolis track brings good memories to the Spanish rider after his triumph last year. Starting from the fifth place of the grid, Pedrosa was able to improve and sign an excellent result, also setting the fastest lap of the track.
Dani Pedrosa: “I’m heading to Indianapolis and really looking forward to the race. Last year we had a good race there and I hope I can repeat this again. The asphalt has changed, so we will have to adapt to the new surface, check how the tyres are working there and look for the best race setup possible.
Physically I’m improving little by little; already in Brno I felt better than in the past months, so I hope I can be in good shape for the race.
Obviously the last race result was very disappointing for me and my team after such a good weekend, but we take the positive things from it and move forward”.
Source: Repsol Media
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules