Just five weeks after the first American round at Laguna Seca race track the MotoGP returns to the US this time with all three championship classes at one of the most famous racing venues in the world: Indianapolis Motor Speedway which has been recently repaved upon riders request.
LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias clocked the 16th fastest lap time (1’43.230) at today’s opening free practice session trying to follow the evolution of the new surface. The Spaniard has found the new tarmac very slippery and he was cautious at his first outing here as his right feet injured in Brno test session is still aching.
Toni Elias: “This morning the surface was terrible and we could not fine-tune the bike in those conditions because of the low grip: it was like riding on the ice. Then the situation has improved in the afternoon and everybody started to drop 2/3 seconds with the same machines and same tyres. We still have some issues in the weight transfer and hard braking but we improved our pace and I am confident ahead tomorrow. I want to thank the Clinica Mobile staff because they helped me a lot with my feet: I think I will take a painkiller injection tomorrow before the qualifying.”
Source: LCR Honda
- San Marino GP 'beats' food waste
- Failure? Not an option
- Bagnaia back in control before Aragon?
- Advantage Martin on the road to MotorLand
- Cardelus replaces Fenati at the Marinelli Snipers Team
- Jordi Torres joins Reale Avintia Racing in Aragon
- Rabat: "I’d really like to go to Thailand"
- What does Carrasco need to become Champion in Portugal?