Just five weeks after the first American round at Laguna Seca race track the MotoGP returns to the US this time with all three championship classes at one of the most famous racing venues in the world: Indianapolis Motor Speedway which has been recently repaved upon riders request.
LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias clocked the 16th fastest lap time (1’43.230) at today’s opening free practice session trying to follow the evolution of the new surface. The Spaniard has found the new tarmac very slippery and he was cautious at his first outing here as his right feet injured in Brno test session is still aching.
Toni Elias: “This morning the surface was terrible and we could not fine-tune the bike in those conditions because of the low grip: it was like riding on the ice. Then the situation has improved in the afternoon and everybody started to drop 2/3 seconds with the same machines and same tyres. We still have some issues in the weight transfer and hard braking but we improved our pace and I am confident ahead tomorrow. I want to thank the Clinica Mobile staff because they helped me a lot with my feet: I think I will take a painkiller injection tomorrow before the qualifying.”
Source: LCR Honda
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar March 19, 2018
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker March 19, 2018
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar! March 18, 2018
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0 March 18, 2018
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller March 18, 2018
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP March 18, 2018