Despite the threat of the awful Irene Hurricane the sun shined at Indianapolis Speedway race track today for the final qualifying which saw the 800c riders struggling with grip level as the asphalt temperature rose up to 51 degrees. After yesterday’s first outing, LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias has worked hard with his crew to deal with the repaved American asphalt ahead tomorrow’s 28-lap race.
The Spaniard riding the LCR RC212V completed 25 laps in this mafternoon 60-minute qualifying session, setting his fastest time of 1’41.030 on the ultimate of those and placed 15th on the timesheet topped by the Australian Casey Stoner (1’38.850).
Toni Elias – 15th – 1’41.030: “Already from yesterdays afternoon session and this morning we knew which are going to be our front and rear tyres for the race. It seems we had less issues with front tyre compared with the other riders especially about the wear. In this afternoon session we have tested two different bike set ups: one was better in turning and the other one had a better stability so we have been trying to understand which was the best one for mtomorrow. In my last run I had a big issues with the new rear tyre that was pushing too much in the front and I struggled to control the bike. We will work on that in the warm up tomorrow to get a better feeling. At the end I had not taken a painkiller injection as my right feet is improving day by day”.
Source: LCR Honda
- WorldSBK Magny Cours, Friday round-up: World Superbike, World Supersport September 30, 2016
- NOT the MotoGP News: Spain is great – the Aragon GP September 30, 2016
- Albert Arenas joins Aspar Moto3 world championship squad in 2017 September 28, 2016
- CEV Repsol, Jerez: Weekend preview – Moto3, Moto2, Superbikes, Kawasaki Z Cup September 28, 2016
- New FIM Supersport 300 World Championship Set to Begin in 2017 September 27, 2016
- Hector Barbera takes thirteenth in difficult Aragon GP September 26, 2016
- Bradl: “I am happy with the top 10” September 30, 2016
- Navarro: "I said to myself 'this has to be our race'" September 30, 2016
- Rabat: "I'm running out of leathers!" September 30, 2016
- The "new and improved" Marquez: fighting the demon within September 29, 2016
- Binder: "Something is changing in South Africa" September 29, 2016
- Baz: “My target was to finish” September 29, 2016