Despite the threat of the awful Irene Hurricane the sun shined at Indianapolis Speedway race track today for the final qualifying which saw the 800c riders struggling with grip level as the asphalt temperature rose up to 51 degrees. After yesterday’s first outing, LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias has worked hard with his crew to deal with the repaved American asphalt ahead tomorrow’s 28-lap race.
The Spaniard riding the LCR RC212V completed 25 laps in this mafternoon 60-minute qualifying session, setting his fastest time of 1’41.030 on the ultimate of those and placed 15th on the timesheet topped by the Australian Casey Stoner (1’38.850).
Toni Elias – 15th – 1’41.030: “Already from yesterdays afternoon session and this morning we knew which are going to be our front and rear tyres for the race. It seems we had less issues with front tyre compared with the other riders especially about the wear. In this afternoon session we have tested two different bike set ups: one was better in turning and the other one had a better stability so we have been trying to understand which was the best one for mtomorrow. In my last run I had a big issues with the new rear tyre that was pushing too much in the front and I struggled to control the bike. We will work on that in the warm up tomorrow to get a better feeling. At the end I had not taken a painkiller injection as my right feet is improving day by day”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Alex Rins takes seventh in Mugello, recovering Edgar Pons finishes 23rd May 23, 2016
- Photos: Mugello raceday selection by Marco Serena May 23, 2016
- Italian GP, Mugello: raceday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 May 22, 2016
- Sixth for Maverick Viñales & ninth for Aleix Espargaro at Mugello May 22, 2016
- Jorge Lorenzo seals Yamaha’s 100th MotoGP win in remarkable Mugello race May 22, 2016
- Hector Barbera takes twelfth at Mugello May 22, 2016
- Bautista: “I felt the wheel lock up and I crashed” May 25, 2016
- Hernandez: “I grabbed the clutch and the bike moved by itself” May 25, 2016
- Petrucci: “I will take my revenge in Barcelona!” May 25, 2016
- Crutchlow: “There was a need to bring the bike home” May 25, 2016
- Pirro: “Always an emotional feeling to race at Mugello” May 25, 2016
- Miller: “I got hit from behind” May 25, 2016