Despite the threat of the awful Irene Hurricane the sun shined at Indianapolis Speedway race track today for the final qualifying which saw the 800c riders struggling with grip level as the asphalt temperature rose up to 51 degrees. After yesterday’s first outing, LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias has worked hard with his crew to deal with the repaved American asphalt ahead tomorrow’s 28-lap race.
The Spaniard riding the LCR RC212V completed 25 laps in this mafternoon 60-minute qualifying session, setting his fastest time of 1’41.030 on the ultimate of those and placed 15th on the timesheet topped by the Australian Casey Stoner (1’38.850).
Toni Elias – 15th – 1’41.030: “Already from yesterdays afternoon session and this morning we knew which are going to be our front and rear tyres for the race. It seems we had less issues with front tyre compared with the other riders especially about the wear. In this afternoon session we have tested two different bike set ups: one was better in turning and the other one had a better stability so we have been trying to understand which was the best one for mtomorrow. In my last run I had a big issues with the new rear tyre that was pushing too much in the front and I struggled to control the bike. We will work on that in the warm up tomorrow to get a better feeling. At the end I had not taken a painkiller injection as my right feet is improving day by day”.
Source: LCR Honda
- FIM releases final confirmed 2017 MotoGP calendar January 23, 2017
- Alvaro Bautista interview: “To be fighting in the top five would be a good result” January 12, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: 2016 Review January 5, 2017
- Introducing the European Talent Cup: The new class of the FIM CEV Repsol January 3, 2017
- Industry news: Repsol and Honda extend MotoGP contract until 2018 December 7, 2016
- MotoGP 2016 sees fantastic fan figures on and off track December 5, 2016
- Rossi and Viñales meet the media in Indonesia January 23, 2017
- Pedrosa: “You learn from every situation” January 23, 2017
- 2017 MotoGP™ calendar confirmed January 23, 2017
- Red Bull Ring receives trophy for best Grand Prix in 2016 January 21, 2017
- Lorenzo: "I'm counting down the days to Sepang!" January 20, 2017
- Ducati launch: Lorenzo and Dovizioso’s Desmosedici January 20, 2017