QMMF Racing Team riders Ricky Cardús and Mishal Al-Naimi had a tough race day in Indianapolis. Cardús, who started from 14th place on the grid and who was determined to score points, didn’t have enough top speed to defend himself against faster bikes and dropped back to 19th position, which still meant the best result of all participating Moriwaki riders.
Ricky Cardús – 19º: “Throughout the weekend after 10 laps the tyres started to go, but my team did a great job with the setup and this helped me in the race. But for some reason I lost top speed on the straight and in general. And my team doesn’t just deserve a 10, more a 15 for their great work. Although my bike, I do not know why, today didn’t respond. Even my teammate was 7km/h faster. I was trying to recover in the corners what I lost on the straights, but it was very difficult.
Congratulations to my three Spanish compatriots who made it on the podium, it was sensational.”
Source: QMMF Racing
- Qatar GP, Losail: Friday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 16, 2018
- Qatar GP, Losail: MotoGP 2018 gets underway – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 weekend preview March 13, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol 2018 Promotional Clip March 8, 2018
- Arón Canet and Alonso López present sports plans for the 2018 season March 5, 2018
- Vroom Magazine launches as iPhone App March 4, 2018
- MotoGP Qatar Test – Day 3 Roundup March 3, 2018
- FP3: Marquez leads Baldassarri and Oliveira March 17, 2018
- Canet, Martin and Antonelli head up FP3 March 17, 2018
- Lorenzo: aero or no aero is the question in Qatar March 16, 2018
- Dovizioso: “I’m not too worried…” March 16, 2018
- Suzuki closest challenger to Ducati on Day 1 March 16, 2018
- MotoE™ Teams announced March 16, 2018