QMMF Racing Team riders Ricky Cardús and Mishal Al-Naimi had a tough race day in Indianapolis. Cardús, who started from 14th place on the grid and who was determined to score points, didn’t have enough top speed to defend himself against faster bikes and dropped back to 19th position, which still meant the best result of all participating Moriwaki riders.
Ricky Cardús – 19º: “Throughout the weekend after 10 laps the tyres started to go, but my team did a great job with the setup and this helped me in the race. But for some reason I lost top speed on the straight and in general. And my team doesn’t just deserve a 10, more a 15 for their great work. Although my bike, I do not know why, today didn’t respond. Even my teammate was 7km/h faster. I was trying to recover in the corners what I lost on the straights, but it was very difficult.
Congratulations to my three Spanish compatriots who made it on the podium, it was sensational.”
Source: QMMF Racing
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018