Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa’s 1-2 at Indianapolis are the best background for the next Motorcycling World Championship round that will take place this weekend at the Misano Circuit. Together with the good race by Andrea Dovizioso, who rides at home this weekend, the Repsol riders reach the San Marino race with the greatest motivation for a new challenge that arrives with almost no time to rest.
The level shown in the United States places the Repsol riders as the main candidates for victory. With Dani Pedrosa in full form the Spaniard will undoubtedly be another contender for victory. After his wins in Portugal and Germany and a year ago in this very same track of Misano, Pedrosa arrives with the aim to improve the second place he had in Indianapolis and to work towards changing that second step of the podium for the first.
Dani Pedrosa: “After the good race we had at Indy, we arrive at Misano in a very positive mood. The circuit is so different compared to Indy, but last year we had a very good race there and we will try to repeat this. We must be a little stronger on Saturday and prepare for the race the best we can.
Misano is a track where you need good acceleration and hard braking, so this will be our priority to start working on with the bike setting. After the success in America, it’s good to head directly to Misano. I hope we can continue working well with the team and take another step forward”.
Source: Repsol Honda
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Qatar GP, Losail: Raceday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 18, 2018
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar! March 18, 2018
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0 March 18, 2018
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller March 18, 2018
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP March 18, 2018
- Van Eerde takes first Australian win in stunning duel March 18, 2018
- Martin wins Spanish desert duel in opening Moto3™ race March 18, 2018