Under cloudy skies LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias crossed the line 15th in today’s San Marino and Riviera di Rimini GP at the crowded Misano race track ahead 54.000 MotoGP fans. Despite the rain threat which worried the 800cc teams and riders at the beginning of the 28-lap race the ambience temperature reached 28°C and Yamaha racer Lorenzo took his third victory of the season so far.
The Spaniard aboard the RCV no.24 wasn’t happy about his place on the grid at a track where he has podium form in the premier class and where he won the Moto2 race last year but enjoyed the first part of the race lapping in the 1’36 low range. After that Elias was not capable to match their competitors pace because of the same issues he faced in the last two days of practices.
Toni Elias – 15th: “We have tried few adjustments in this morning warm but we could not get any improvement so we went back to the setting we already knew for the race. I could lap in the low 1’36 range but after some laps the guys have started to lap in the 1’35 range and it was impossible to for me to match their pace. In the middle of the race I felt the same issues of the practices missing front end confidence. This week end we did not take any step forward and this is frustrating for me and the Team but we will try to solve this situation in Aragon. This weekend has been a particular one for me and other riders because one year ago we lost a dear friend and a talented rider: so my thoughts are with Shoya’s family.”
Source: LCR Honda
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018