At 5.078km in length and with a main straight of almost a kilometre, as well as a mixture of almost every kind of corner imaginable, the Motorland circuit in Aragon will provide a stern test for the MotoGP teams and riders this weekend. From the coast of Italy the series moves to the desert land of Spain for the fourteenth round of the season and the fourth of five on the Iberian Peninsular. Just 35 points separate the top two riders in the championship with a maximum of 125 still up for grabs, with Jorge Lorenzo’s most recent victory at Misano last time out closing the gap to Casey Stoner, although the Australian remains the strong favourite.
MAPFRE Aspar rider Héctor Barberá scored his best result of the season so far with sixth place at Jerez and he also put in a strong showing with eleventh at Catalunya. Little wonder that he is looking forward to his third home race of the season, especially as he looks to continue an excellent run of recent form. Ever since the Italian Grand Prix back in June Héctor has stepped up his workrate and his pace, and thanks to a good base setting the results have been impressive. Ninth place at Misano has given him the confidence and motivation to be fighting for another top result in front of his home fans at Motorland.
“I had a good weekend in practice at Motorland last year and a good race too. I am confident that we can achieve a top result this weekend. We are in incredible form at the moment, the team are helping me a lot and I am enjoying every session on the bike. We have found a good base set-up and we are getting the most out of the bike at the moment. This is also another home race for us and after qualifying as the best Ducati and finishing the race as the second one I am highly motivated. I love the track – it is very complete and it suits my riding style perfectly. The set-up we have should work well here at Motorland and the objective is to continue in the same way we’ve been working recently because if we do that the results will come. I would love to be the top Ducati again.”
Source: Aspar Media
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- It’s race time! Sleek MotoGP Designs for your mobile device March 23, 2018
- Back to Buriram as the Asia Talent Cup race back-to-back March 23, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018