For the second time in its short history, the Motorland Aragón circuit will hold this weekend a Motorcycling World Championship round, just before the Continental Circus starts its tour around Asia and Australia. The Repsol riders will have their third “home” Grand Prix after the races in Jerez and Catalunya. Marc Márquez, who will focus in reducing the difference with the overall standings leader, could achieve his third consecutive victory in Moto2.
To get 145 points of 150 available in his first year in the class is not something all riders could do, but this is what Marc Márquez just did in Moto2. The Spanish rider is now only 23 points away from the overall leader, Germany’s Stefan Bradl, while six races ago the difference was 82. Márquez has mixed feelings about the Aragon track, as he achieved an amazing pole position last year in 125cc, but another rider hit him in the first corner. His last wins in Brno and San Marino are the best boost to face the next round with optimism.
Marc Márquez: “I am always happy to compete in front of the Spanish fans, so this weekend we arrive to the Aragon Grand Prix with a lot of motivation. It is a race we will face the same way as any other, but we know that the excess of motivation could also play against us. With the 125cc bike it went very well and we had very good practice sessions, but we were unlucky in the race. I hope that changes this year. It is a fast circuit — with the Moto2 it can be a lot of fun — but it will be difficult to find the good setup.”
Source: Repsol Media
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- A tough race for Alex Rins in Catalunya June 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo hammers in another superb win at the Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Albert Arenas crashes out of Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Arón Canet crashes out in Barcelona June 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Catalan Grand Prix without reward June 17, 2018
- Two Wheels for Life Paddock Experience day: Catalunya June 18, 2018
- Marquez: “It was time to be smart and think” June 18, 2018
- Action continues in Barcelona for one-day Official Test June 18, 2018
- Montmeló: best photos from the Catalan GP June 18, 2018
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win June 17, 2018
- Mr consistent: Rossi continues podium streak in Barcelona June 17, 2018