For the second time in its short history, the Motorland Aragón circuit will hold this weekend a Motorcycling World Championship round, just before the Continental Circus starts its tour around Asia and Australia. The Repsol riders will have their third “home” Grand Prix after the races in Jerez and Catalunya. Marc Márquez, who will focus in reducing the difference with the overall standings leader, could achieve his third consecutive victory in Moto2.
To get 145 points of 150 available in his first year in the class is not something all riders could do, but this is what Marc Márquez just did in Moto2. The Spanish rider is now only 23 points away from the overall leader, Germany’s Stefan Bradl, while six races ago the difference was 82. Márquez has mixed feelings about the Aragon track, as he achieved an amazing pole position last year in 125cc, but another rider hit him in the first corner. His last wins in Brno and San Marino are the best boost to face the next round with optimism.
Marc Márquez: “I am always happy to compete in front of the Spanish fans, so this weekend we arrive to the Aragon Grand Prix with a lot of motivation. It is a race we will face the same way as any other, but we know that the excess of motivation could also play against us. With the 125cc bike it went very well and we had very good practice sessions, but we were unlucky in the race. I hope that changes this year. It is a fast circuit — with the Moto2 it can be a lot of fun — but it will be difficult to find the good setup.”
Source: Repsol Media
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- It’s race time! Sleek MotoGP Designs for your mobile device March 23, 2018
- Back to Buriram as the Asia Talent Cup race back-to-back March 23, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018