Luis Salom had his first encounter with the Kalex-KTM he will ride on in Moto3 next season. In the test in Valencia, organized by KTM, the RW Racing GP rider put in the fastest lap of the day. With this 1.43.3s both rider and team were happy .
Under the watchful eye of the new team manager of RW Racing GP, the former Swedish rider Johan Stigefelt, Salom did more than fifty laps.
Salom was impressed with the Kalex-KTM. “It ‘s an easy bike to ride. The power is good and comes in smoothly. I had to get used to the position, the behavior of the four-stroke engine and the braking, but because I have trained with a self built four-stroke in Mallorca for a while, it was easy. The lap times don’t really show yet, but the top speed of this bike is already faster than that of the 125cc machines . It’s very promising for next season.”
Kalex takes the bike back to Germany for further modifications. The next test will be on 30 and 31 January, again at the Valencia circuit. Because RW Racing GP only had one bike available for this test only Salom has ridden it. Brad Binder, the second rider to participate for RW Racing GP in Moto3 next year, will have his first encounter during the test at the end of January.
Source: RW Racing GP
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?
- Aprilia, KTM continue testing in Barcelona
- That's a wrap: MotoE™ complete Valencia Test
- Double top ten for KTM, Pol 20 seconds closer to winner
- Suited, not booted: Riders celebrate #MotoGP70
- Photo gallery: MotoE™ race simulation
- Granado edges Garzo in MotoE™ simulation race
- So near and not so far away