Repsol, with more than 40 years of experience in sporting sponsorship, will face the 2012 season with the aim to win in all classes of the Motorcycling World Championship. The energy group, which conquered the 2011 MotoGP Championship with Australian rider Casey Stoner and finished in runner-up position in Moto2 thanks to Marc Márquez, will increase in 2012 its presence in the most important motorcycling competition in the new Moto3 category, with a line-up that includes Spaniard Álex Rins and Portuguese Miguel Oliveira.
16-year-old Álex Rins, is the latest jewel of the Spanish young riders and will debut in the Motorcycling World Championship as the current Spanish Champion (CEV) in the 125cc class. Miguel Oliveira, also a 16-year-old, is one of the most promising riders of the international scene, as he has already a year of experience in the class and won the last two races of the CEV with a Moto3 of the Monlau Competición Team.
Furthermore, Álex Márquez, runner-up in the 2011 CEV, will be at the start in some races of the Motorcycling World Champion as wild card. Marc Márquez’s brother will combine this competition with the CEV in the Moto3 class, where he will fight to win the Championship. The last time Repsol participated in the smallest class of the Motorcycling World Championship, in 2010, the team won the Championship with Marc Márquez.
Repsol will have in 2012 the most powerful team of the Motorcycling World Championship and aims to win in all classes with the riders Casey Stoner, Dani Pedrosa (MotoGP), Marc Márquez (Moto2), Álex Rins and Miguel Oliveira (Moto3). Since its debut in the Championship, 40 years ago, Repsol has won 27 titles in the different classes (50, 80, 125, 250, 500cc and MotoGP).
Despite having already some of the best riders of the grid, Repsol has not yet closed the team for the 2012 season. The company is the official fuel and lubricant supplier of the Repsol Honda Team, in MotoGP. In its Technology Centre, located in Móstoles (Madrid), the energy group develops fuels specific for high-level competition.
Source: Repsol Honda
P.S. If you love your car or another wheel-friens take care of it with the best TreadHunter.
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018