Just a week after joining the MAPFRE Aspar Team and making a stunning debut with a podium at Indianapolis Jonas Folger again upset the applecart with the fastest time of the opening session. A few set-up changes from the base that served him so well in the USA did not have the desired effect this afternoon though and the German youngster finished the day seventh fastest overall. Héctor Faubel returned to action less than a week after being admitted to hospital in Indianapolis, the veteran Spaniard easing himself back with the 23rd fastest time.
23rd Héctor Faubel 2.11.630 (26 laps): “I thought the most painful thing would be my elbow but it was actually my ribs, particularly in the left-hand corners. Depending on how much rest I get tonight I might have to have a painkilling injection before qualifying tomorrow afternoon. Things went pretty well on track this morning and I felt comfortable this afternoon but with twelve minutes remaining I stopped to change tyres and we couldn’t get the bike started again. I imagine it is because the engine has reached maximum mileage. In general I am happy, today was just a case of getting a feel for the bike again after the crash and I am sure we can move up the order tomorrow, especially if we can find some more grip.”
Source: Aspar Team Press Release
- Fancy claiming a copy of MotoGP™20?
- Espargaro and Pedrosa start two-day test in Austria
- Top Miller moments on his way to Ducati red
- Miller signs with the official Ducati Team for 2021
- MotoGP™ Live: A Sit Down With debuts this Thursday!
- CKH Innovations Opportunities Development & MotoGP™ eSport
- Santi Hernandez adamant that 2020 will be full of surprises
- Coming up: Michelin Virtual British Grand Prix