The weather was the biggest rival for the Moto3 riders at Misano today, with a damp circuit for both the morning and afternoon sessions. A dry line formed for only the final fifteen minutes of the second free practice and after dominating much of the opening session Jonas Folger was able to be competitive in both conditions in the afternoon.
The MAPFRE Aspar rider is still on a high after his win at Brno two weeks ago and today he was able to ride with confidence in tricky conditions. Folger made improvements to his chassis set-up and was able to clock the third fastest time overall on the drying track. His team-mate Héctor Faubel also rode well on the wet track but was unable to make the most of the drying line and dropped down the order to twentieth position.
20th Héctor Faubel 1.55.827 (35 laps): “Today was a strange one and the conditions barely allowed us to ride. We went out this morning with the same setting as Brno but I didn’t feel comfortable so we went to a wet setting this afternoon and changed the balance of the bike, which gave me more confidence. At the end of the session a dry line formed and we were able to put slicks on but the feeling was very strange. We improved but not as much as I hoped so hopefully the conditions are more consistent tomorrow so we can work in one direction or another.”
Source: Aspar Team Press Release
- Motul Grand Prix of Japan cancelled
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle
- Nepa cruises to virtual Moto3™ win at Silverstone
- "Veni, vidi, vici" - Silverstone is Lorenzo's Land again
- Lorenzo takes wildcard win at Virtual British Grand Prix
- Dani Pedrosa: zen soundbites
- "He's considering me as a rival" - Rins talks Marquez
- This Sunday on BT Sport: Rossi interview and a 2013 review