Positive riding conditions at Misano finally arrived for Sunday, and the Moto3 riders made the most of them to put on a close show. The top seven were separated by just 1.3 seconds, although the race win went to championship leader Sandro Cortese. Race pace was similar to in qualifying -1’44- and there was nothing in it until the final lap. Cortese finally split the group and took the win, ahead of Salom and Fenati.
Héctor Faubel had a great start, but contact from various riders on the opening lap cut him off from the leaders. He tried a comeback, alongside Khairuddin in no-man’s land, but eventually placed thirteenth.
13th Héctor Faubel: “At the start of the race I was going well and maintained my position. I went into the doublé ‘S’ on the inside, passing three riders. But there was a lot of contact and we lost touch with the lead group. Alongside Khairuddin I pushed hard to latch back onto the front pack and improved upon my qualifying times. I hoped that those ahead of me would slow each other down, but they never let up. I couldn’t do much more. It is positive that we finished 14 seconds behind the podium finishers despite starting from so far back, but I am not happy with thirteenth. I think that we deserved a good result, but it wasn’t to be here. We now have to keep working our hardest to place as well as possible at Motorland.”
Source: Aspar Team Press Release
- "I really wanted to do it" - Lorenzo on no wildcards in 2020
- Carlo Ubbiali: a career in photos
- MotoGP™ Legend Carlo Ubbiali passes away
- MotoGP™ riders prepped for more Catalunya action
- VR46 Academy back on track together at Misano
- “I didn't think he was Rossi level good”
- Motul Grand Prix of Japan cancelled
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle