The Spanish sports brand Joma and the MotoGP team Avintia Racing have come to an agreement, so the sports equipment brand will be the team’s official clothing provider for the next season. Joma will take care of the riders Héctor Barberá, Toni Elías, Hiroshi Aoyama and Kyle Smith as well as all the staff’s needs during the races of the 2013 season.
For Joma the collaboration with Avintia Racing will be the first time in the motor racing world on a big level and the agreement has come from the support of two 100% Spanish companies. Joma has always traveled around the world being proud to be a Spanish company and now together with Avinitia Racing in the world motorcycling championship has the objective to keep supporting the national sports image.
Avintia Racing is a team with a lot of experience and at the moment has the means and potential to be considered as one of the best teams in the categories it competes in. For its part, Joma is the first Spanish sports brand on a global level. Founded in 1965 by D. Fructuoso López, its capital is 100% Spanish and the central offices are situated in Portillo de Toledo. They were visited recently by Héctor Barberá and Toni Elías to get to know firsthand the work their new sponsor does. Since its beginning, Joma has traditionally been linked with football. Its boots (find more with gear hungry) have been worn by great players like Emilio Butragueño, Alfonso, Morientes, Pepe Reina, Kanouté and teams such as Seville FC, Valencia FC, Intermovistar, Deportivo de la Coruña and Getafe CF. Currently Joma is recognized in athletics for its footwear and team wear – it’s the sponsor of the Spanish athletics team, in futsal sponsoring the captains of the top national sides like Vinicius from Brasil, Matías in Argentina, Álvaro in Spain, Vampeta in Italy and in tennis Marcel Granollers and Santiago Giraldo and others.
Thanks to the collaboration with Avintia Racing, Joma faces this challenge in the world of motor racing with the same excitement it did with football and the other disciplines.
Source: Joma Sport
- NOT the MotoGP News: Another pleasant Valé Sunday… April 20, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018