Alex Rins and Alex Marquez finished today in Almeria two productive testing days. Taking advantage of the break between the Catalunya Grand Prix and the next round – next week in Holland – Rins and Marquez were able to gather kilometres and experience, as well as testing the two new chassis provided by KTM.
During yesterday’s session, Emilio Alzamora’s pupils focused on getting familiar with the track on their Moto3s, and also testing the two chassis available for each. Today the changed roles and they both rode with the chassis they did not use yesterday, adding more kilometres that will be very valuable for the next races.
The Motorcycling World Championship will resume next week with the Netherlands Grand Prix – the legendary Dutch TT at Assen.
“These two days of test were positive. In Almeria the weather is always good, which makes things easier when getting on track to test and gather kilometres. We were able to try several things brought by KTM and some other that the team wanted to test. Some of them worked well, so we achieved a good set-up that we hope will be useful for the next few races.”
“These two testing days in Almeria allowed us to test many things. In the afternoon it was a bit windier, specially today, which handicapped us a bit, but in the morning it went well and we could reach some conclusions. During these days we evaluated new parts brought by KTM, particularly the two chassis. Truth is we found some effective set-ups for the next few races so, in general, I think it was a very positive test.”
Source: Repsol Media
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018
- Marquez equals Stoner as Rossi gets back on the podium May 20, 2018