Hector Barbera and Andrea Dovizioso both received one penalty point today after an incident in qualifying where Barbera held up Dovizioso who was on a faster lap. After the end of the session Dovizioso gesticulated heavily with the Spaniard and kicked his bike, resulting in a penalty point for both. Below you can find the official statement.
In the MotoGP class QP1 qualifying session of the Iveco TT Assen, rider Hector Barbera (ESP) was judged to have impeded the progress of rider Andrea Dovisioso (ITA) during his first lap out of the pits with new tyres. Barbera rode on the racing line not allowing Dovisioso to pass through two turns. This was deemed to be riding in an irresponsible manner. This is an infringement of Article 1.21.2 of the Grand Prix regulations. The Race Direction has imposed one penalty point on Hector Barbera.
Following the same incident, Andrea Dovisioso kicked at Hector Barbera. This was judged to be an action prejudicial to the interests of the sport, and according to Article 18.104.22.168 of the Grand Prix regulations Race Direction has imposed one penalty point on Andrea Dovisioso.
No appeal was lodged. The decision of the Race Direction is final.
Photo Copyright: Simona Vogel for Vroom Media
- Introducing: the Fandom Pay MotoGP™ Mastercard®
- "Nothing gives you more confidence than a win" - Dovizioso
- Best images: MotoGP™ & Chelsea stars meet at Stamford Bridge
- An all-time classic: Sheene vs Roberts 40 years on
- Crutchlow and Viñales meet Chelsea star at Stamford Bridge
- The British Talent Cup season finale arrives at Silverstone!
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Four front, rear slick tyre options selected for Silverstone