Australian Jack Miller (Caretta Technology-RTG FTR Honda) was again the top Honda rider in the Moto3 class, claiming a fine seventh place, still in strong pursuit of the leading group while also fighting off the attentions of compatriot Arthur Sissis (KTM).
The battling pair were comfortably clear of a massive mid-field battle, where Honda riders played a leading role. Ninth place to 21st crossed the line in less than four seconds – the winner of the battle was Ongetta-Rivacold FTR Honda rider Alexis Masbou, with the next-best Honda just two places behind – the Bimbo Ongetta-Centro Seta FTR Honda rider Isaac Vinales.
The next race is the German GP at the Sachsenring, in two weeks.
Isaac Vinales, Ongetta-Centro Seta, 11th “It was a shame not to make it to the top ten. After this successful weekend I was highly motivated to make a good start and try to hook up with the leading group, but in the first two laps I had a hard time finding a good pace because I had some pain in my right shoulder from the fall yesterday. I fought in the second group where it is difficult to gain pace because so many other riders are mixed up with each other. Anyway it was a fun race and I have shown I am a candidate to be top Honda. This gives me extra motivation.”
Source: Honda Racing
- Introducing: the Fandom Pay MotoGP™ Mastercard®
- "Nothing gives you more confidence than a win" - Dovizioso
- Best images: MotoGP™ & Chelsea stars meet at Stamford Bridge
- An all-time classic: Sheene vs Roberts 40 years on
- Crutchlow and Viñales meet Chelsea star at Stamford Bridge
- The British Talent Cup season finale arrives at Silverstone!
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Four front, rear slick tyre options selected for Silverstone