Along with moves by Brits Cal Crutchlow and Scott Redding, another long-running ‘silly season’ saga has been the whereabouts of Pol Espargaro in 2014.
This has now officially been confirmed with the announcement by Monster Yamaha Tech3 Team that the talented young Spaniard will be joining them in the top class next season, taking Cal Crutchlow’s vacated seat and riding alongside Bradley Smith.
The Tech3 squad have just made this announcement:
“The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team is thrilled to welcome highly rated Spaniard Espargaro for 2014. The 22-year-old is currently showing why he has emerged as one of the brightest young talents in the World Championship, with three victories in eight races keeping him firmly in the hunt for the 2013 Moto2 crown.
Espargaro made his World Championship debut in the 125cc category at his home round in Barcelona back in 2006 and he has gone onto to win 12 races and claim 27 other podium finishes.
Immensely popular as well as fast, the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team is looking forward to helping Espargaro showcase his skills on the biggest stage in world motorcycle racing next season.”
Source: Tech3 Communications
- NOT the MotoGP News: Vorsprung durch turnip… July 21, 2016
- Alex Rins falls in closing stages of German GP, Edgar Pons takes first championship points July 18, 2016
- Day Of Champions 2016 tickets set to go on sale July 18, 2016
- German GP, Sachsenring: Raceday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 July 17, 2016
- Unlucky race for Miguel Oliveira in Germany July 17, 2016
- Marc Marquez gives Sachsenring masterclass, Dani Pedrosa finishes sixth July 17, 2016
- Zarco: “I wake up feeling I have to be champion" July 27, 2016
- Mid-Season Review: Dani Pedrosa July 27, 2016
- The Pull & Bear Riders' Holidays July 26, 2016
- Brindley takes over for Baker in Madrid Flat Track July 26, 2016
- Mid-Season Review: Andrea Dovizioso July 26, 2016
- Legendary Bikes: Honda RC211V (2002 - 2006) July 26, 2016