Although Julian Simon sett the fastest race lap (1’43”511) at Indianpolis on Sunday, it still wasn’t enough at the end to crack the Top 10. Difficulties to overtake on the straight and some chattering problems prevented him from placing much higher. The Spaniard is now looking forward to the next round at Brno.
Julian Simon (43’58”730 – 11th ) “I did my best, but I’m not satisfied with our placement, because my pace was much better – I could be in the top five. The point is that overtaking on the straight was so difficult – perhaps I didn’t come out of the corner as I should, or maybe my engine didn’t help as it should. My fastest lap says that I pushed as much as I have been able. I hope we can do better in Brno, which is a track I like and that suits our bike”.
Source: AGP Racing
- Introducing… MotoGP™ Fantasy!
- This is MotoGP™: speed, rivalry and innovation
- Final stop Qatar: Moto2™, Moto3™ back on track for testing
- Everything we know ahead of the 2020 season opener
- New custom typeface for MotoGP™
- Yamaha take 2020 preseason testing clean sweep
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Qatar Test race simulations: who impressed?