Alberto Moncayo was the only rider of the Arginano Racing Team lining up for the race of the British Grand Prix this weekend, his teammate Steven Odendaal unfortunately being injured in a freak collision during the morning warmup when Dani Rivas ran into the back of a couple of riders doing practice starts at the end of the session.
Aside from the bad news about his teammate’s ankle injury, Moncayo finished the warmup satisfied with the changes made to the bike. He ended the session in 12th, 1.5 seconds behind the leader.
With a not quite perfect start and being down in 26th position in the third lap, he eventually crashed out, losing his best chance so far this season to score points. In 15 days he’ll have another opportunity at the Grand Prix in Misano.
Alberto Moncayo #17 (DNF): “A normal start, but I lost several positions in the first corner. I didn’t have any problems overtaking three riders and was able to catch up to the fast group, but in the first sector, going on to the back straight, I opened the gas a little too eager and flew over the handlebars. In general it was all positive though, but I have to improve a lot at the start and in the first corner and then we make a big step forward. I’m happy, but not satisfie. I took a hot on the right collarbone, but I’m sure to go to Misano 100% fit. We will surely do well there.”
Source: ARG Team
- Introducing… MotoGP™ Fantasy!
- This is MotoGP™: speed, rivalry and innovation
- Final stop Qatar: Moto2™, Moto3™ back on track for testing
- Everything we know ahead of the 2020 season opener
- New custom typeface for MotoGP™
- Yamaha take 2020 preseason testing clean sweep
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Qatar Test race simulations: who impressed?