After starting from 15th position on the grid, Simon was able to keep his promise and improve his position in the race, ending the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in 12th place and adding more points to his tally, but he is still looking to improve his performance and get back to positions further up in the field.
Julian Simon (38’45”259 – 12th) “We started 15th and finished 12th – this means that we have been able to better our position, so even If I’m am not satisfied, I can say we did our best. I did a good start, but overtaking was really difficult. I think we need a bit more grip, for better acceleration out of the corners, a better progression and to get the maximum out of the engine. The team is working well on the frame and thanks to that I’ve been able to tackle a difficult track like this one. I love the next track, Misano, and I hope to give a good result to Italtrans in their home race”.
Pierluigi Aldrovandi (Simon race engineer) “Through the weekend we have been able to improve ourselves, and give the rider more confidence with his bike. We know that our position should be further ahead and we are working flat out to extract from the rider all the potential, which we know to be high, that he has.”
Source: AGP Racing
- NBC Sports Group and MotoGP™ partner on multi-year agreement
- Navarro tops test Day 1, Roberts on the pace
- Rodrigo takes the reins on Day 1
- Grand Prix Commission decide on earlier pitlane opening
- Is 2020 Suzuki’s best World title chance in two decades?
- All you need to know about the 2020 Global Series Rounds
- Introducing… MotoGP™ Fantasy!
- This is MotoGP™: speed, rivalry and innovation