After being in 8th place for most of the race, Mattia Pasini crossed the finish line in 12th place after going straight half way through the race and not being able to regain positions. Local San Marino rider Alex De Angelis was able to find the right setting for his SpeedUp bike during this morning’s warm up allowing him to make a very good comeback. Simone Corsi and Ricky Cardús unfortunately were constrained to retire after crashing on lap 10 and 24 respectively.
The next round of this 2014 season and last European race before taking off to the three overseas races will take place in two weeks time at the Circuito Motorland in Aragón.
Ricky Cardus: “Qualifying did not go well, making me start the race from the back of the grid. I was able to make a good start and be fast in the first few laps. For most of the race I was able to stay with Alex until I lost the feeling with the rear tire, making me lose some positions. I felt very high up on the bike, making it harder for me to ride. I tested a new fuel tank to see if it would make me feel more comfortable and it has been an improvement, but I am not satisfied with today’s race results.”
Source: Forward Racing
- "I really wanted to do it" - Lorenzo on no wildcards in 2020
- Carlo Ubbiali: a career in photos
- MotoGP™ Legend Carlo Ubbiali passes away
- MotoGP™ riders prepped for more Catalunya action
- VR46 Academy back on track together at Misano
- “I didn't think he was Rossi level good”
- Motul Grand Prix of Japan cancelled
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle