Riders Lorenzo and teammate Valentino Rossi spent the day evaluating an engine spec for the 2014 YZR-M1 along with a number of setting options on the current 2013 machine ahead of next week’s Aragon Grand Prix race.
The test proved to be a positive one, the riders completing an exhausting 142 laps between them. At the end of the session Lorenzo sat in second on the timesheets with a 1’33.502 and Rossi was not far behind in third with a 1’33.660.
Jorge Lorenzo 2nd / 1:33.502 / 67 laps
“Happily we got a great sunny session. The weather was perfect to test and we were able to make many laps to check our latest issues on the bike. We were pretty focused on the settings thinking about the next race at Motorland in a couple of weeks and we found some good feelings. We also tested a new spec engine for 2014 that worked really well and we are quite happy with the result. Furthermore there were some new pieces for 2013, but small details to improve our performance. Nevertheless the most important issue was to work on the next GP in Aragon, another good challenge for us, especially because in the last years we’ve struggled a bit.”
Source: Yamaha Racing
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Marc Marquez: "I’m struggling more here"
- Zarco "riding better every time" on board the Ducati
- P1 for Quartararo as Yamaha, Suzuki continue to look strong
- 16:30 in Qatar: Petrucci tops the Day 2 timesheets
- Aprilia confirm Lorenzo Savadori as MotoGP™ test rider
- Battle ready: Suzuki secure 1-2 on opening day in Qatar
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins