NGM Mobile Forward Racing riders had the podium within their reach at Phillip Island with their Speed Up bike. Simone Corsi started the race from the 14th position on the grid and made an extraordinary comeback all the way up to 4th place. Great performance done by his teammate Alex De Angelis who crossed the finish line in 5th place after holding the second place for most of the race, at only a few tenths from the fastest man Espargaro.
Positive race day also for Ricky Cardús, who obtains his best result so far this season by finishing in 12th place and managing to be in the points for the second race in a row. Mattia Pasini was not so fortunate today at the Australian racetrack, while starting the race from the 9th place on the grid he had contact with Julian Simon during the second lap of the race and crashed. He was able to regain several positions due to the very good pace and allowed him to arrive in 16th place right outside the points zone.
Ricky Cardus: “I am happy, today I have gotten my best result of the season. I want to thank all the team, they have believed in me every step of the way and they have helped me improve race after race. The feeling with the bike has improved but is not yet quite the one I want. We still have two races in which we can till improve and aim to be in the points. Thanks again to all the guys in the team.”
Source: Forward Racing
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 6: Aprilia
- Ducati Team unveil 2020 bikes
- Photo gallery: Ducati Team 2020 launch
- Pawi: "It was a long recovery, but now the feeling is good"
- 2020 MotoGP™ calendar officially confirmed
- Arbolino: "I’m ready for any condition and challenge"
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 5: KTM
- Is 2020 MV Agusta’s time to shine again?