There was another podium finish for Luis Salom in the Moto3 World Championship —his twelfth of the season. The Red Bull KTM Ajo rider took third in a close Australian Grand Prix, retaining his lead in the overall standings with a five-point advantage over his nearest rival.
Salom made an excellent start from pole position and decided to attempt to pull away. After leading the first six laps, the Spanish rider then chose to hang back in the leading group. On the closing laps, Salom began to pick off his rivals, but a scare on the final lap took away his chances of the win and he crossed the finish line in third.
The Moto3 World Championship heads to Japan next week, with Luis Salom leading the overall standings by 5 points over Alex Rins.
“It was a very good race, very fun. However, on the final lap I had a problem and almost fell. Despite that, we were able to get on the podium and that is the important thing. These points are going to be very important for the championship and that is why we are working so hard. We have two races remaining and it will be a hard end to the season, but we will be fighting on every lap left.”
Source: Red Bull KTM Ajo Motorsport
- Ducati Corse signs MotoGP™ eSport World Champion AndrewZH
- Italian and Catalan Grands Prix postponed
- Speedweek and Northern Talent Cup Round 1 cancelled
- Stay At Home GP 2: where to watch
- Who was the fastest in Pro Draft Challenge 3?
- Lüthi: a David and Goliath story
- Puig talks all-Marquez Repsol Honda dynamic in 2020
- Greatest Grand Prix battles remembered: Estoril 2006