Faithful to its mantra of developing young Spanish talent the MAPFRE Aspar Team has announced the signing of Juanfran Guevara for its Moto3 project next season.
The 18-year-old from Murcia (Lorca) contested two rounds of the series as wildcard at Aragón and Valencia in 2012 and in 2013 he completed his first full season at World Championship level.
In 2014 he will join the MAPFRE Aspar Team and ride a Kalex-KTM; his objective to develop as a top level rider with the backing of one of the most successful and experienced teams in the paddock.
Jorge Martínez ‘Aspar’:
“By signing Juanfran we are putting our backing behind a young Spanish rider with a lot of potential. He has a great opportunity ahead of him and I am sure he will make the most of it. The objective is to help him move forward with his career and to develop him as a rider. I am sure that he can be fighting in the top ten. The Kalex has moved on a lot as a machine since it was first created and it’s a great bike now so I am sure Juanfran can score top results on it.”
“The opportunity to join the MAPFRE Aspar Team in just my second season at World Championship level is a massive step for my career. It is a team with great history and incredible experience so I am sure I can learn a lot. For me it was important to be back in a Spanish team, which will making everything easier for me. The objective is to continue to grow as a rider – it is only my second year and I have a long way to go but I am sure that I can be fighting near the front next season.”
Source: Aspar Media
- Monaco to host FIM General Assembly & Awards in 2019
- Doohan exclusive: “If Marc loses to Lorenzo, it’s a win-win”
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021