Alvaro Bautista missed out on a second row start at the final round of the MotoGP season at Valencia today, the Spaniard sliding from his Honda RC213V during qualifying practice this afternoon and dropping back to seventh place.
After a solid first run Bautista ran into traffic on his second exit and was forced to slow down, meaning his tyres lost temperature and grip, causing him to crash.
Alvaro Bautista (7th 1’31”594) “Unfortunately qualifying wasn’t as much fun today as it has been recently, but to be honest we were already struggling this morning. We at least managed to make our tyre choice for the race and it looks like we’ll go for the soft, because it drops off less than the hard. This afternoon I improved my lap time on the first run, but then on my second exit I ran into traffic, had to slow down and then on the next lap the tyre temperature had dropped and I lost the front. We start from seventh on the grid so hopefully we feel confident with the bike tomorrow so that we can make up some positions and finish the season with a good result.”
Fausto Gresini “The crash wasn’t what we wanted, because the second row was in our grasp today, but unfortunately on his second run Alvaro had to back off because of traffic and then lost grip because his tyre had cooled off. It was a shame, but we will try to stay positive and look ahead to a race that I am sure can be good for us. ”
Source: Gresini Racing
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Marc Marquez: "I’m struggling more here"
- Zarco "riding better every time" on board the Ducati
- P1 for Quartararo as Yamaha, Suzuki continue to look strong
- 16:30 in Qatar: Petrucci tops the Day 2 timesheets
- Aprilia confirm Lorenzo Savadori as MotoGP™ test rider
- Battle ready: Suzuki secure 1-2 on opening day in Qatar
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins