The 2013 MotoGP World Championship concluded with points-scoring finishes for three FTR riders at Valencia this afternoon, where Hector Barbera (Avintia Blusens) crossed the line in twelfth place ahead of Claudio Corti (Forward Racing) in thirteenth and Colin Edwards (Forward Racing) in fifteenth.
At a circuit where he had celebrated 125cc and 250cc wins in the past Barbera almost added a first CRT victory to the list, narrowly missing out by less than three seconds at the line.
Hector Barbera (12th): “It was a positive weekend for us, because we did a good job and gave our best. We were close to CRT victory today, fighting all the way with this year’s champion and a factory prototype. We finished up as the CRT runner-up, which is where I think we should have finished in the championship too, but we had too many setbacks over the course of the season. I really enjoyed myself today though, racing at home in front of packed grandstands, with everybody behind us, that was great.”
Source: FTR Moto
- Forbes announces MotoGP™ doctors amongst the best in Spain
- Jordi Torres joins the MotoE™ World Cup
- MotoE™ calendar change: Le Mans replaced by Valencia
- 2019 sees lowest crash tally since 2015
- myWorld Motorrad GP von Österreich voted best of 2019
- Zarco: "Ducati convinced me!"
- Zaccone completes team Trentino Gresini line-up for 2020
- "We made a big impact before we even went out on track"