The 2013 MotoGP World Championship concluded with points-scoring finishes for three FTR riders at Valencia this afternoon, where Hector Barbera (Avintia Blusens) crossed the line in twelfth place ahead of Claudio Corti (Forward Racing) in thirteenth and Colin Edwards (Forward Racing) in fifteenth.
At a circuit where he had celebrated 125cc and 250cc wins in the past Barbera almost added a first CRT victory to the list, narrowly missing out by less than three seconds at the line.
Hector Barbera (12th): “It was a positive weekend for us, because we did a good job and gave our best. We were close to CRT victory today, fighting all the way with this year’s champion and a factory prototype. We finished up as the CRT runner-up, which is where I think we should have finished in the championship too, but we had too many setbacks over the course of the season. I really enjoyed myself today though, racing at home in front of packed grandstands, with everybody behind us, that was great.”
Source: FTR Moto
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar
- "We had more" – Miller's podium charge halted by grip issues
- Pedrosa, Smith and Pirro set for private tests
- Best photos: Motul Grand Prix of Japan
- Quartararo: your 2019 Rookie of the Year
- Two down, one to go: Honda claim 2019 Constructor crown