Yamaha Factory Racing wrapped up their final day of on-track work for 2013 today in the second of the three days of official testing at Valencia. Riders Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi will not continue to ride tomorrow having completed the testing schedule required by Yamaha.
Both riders again tested an early version of the 2014 YZR-M1 along with working on a set up to reduce fuel consumption ahead of the rule changes for 2014 which will see a reduction in allowance of fuel for the MotoGP races. Lorenzo and Rossi will now take a well-earned break before returning to the track for the first official IRTA test of 2014 in Sepang, Malaysia.
Jorge Lorenzo 2nd / 1’30.768 / 60 laps
“We tested next year’s bike today and we found some positive things. We are trying some small details that will give us some small advantages. We will wait for Sepang to have bigger and more important modifications.”
Source: Yamaha Racing
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Marc Marquez: "I’m struggling more here"
- Zarco "riding better every time" on board the Ducati
- P1 for Quartararo as Yamaha, Suzuki continue to look strong
- 16:30 in Qatar: Petrucci tops the Day 2 timesheets
- Aprilia confirm Lorenzo Savadori as MotoGP™ test rider
- Battle ready: Suzuki secure 1-2 on opening day in Qatar
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins