Áxel Pons (Barcelona, 9/4/1991) completes the 2014 rider line-up for the Argiñano & Ginés Racing Team. Áxel will join German Jonas Folger to form a strong team which will make a big step forward in the Moto2 championship next year. Motivation and expectations are high and Alex will contribute to the team’s success.
The Catalan has finished his university education and gained plenty of experience in the world championship, now looking to reach a higher level in his athletic career with Team AGR. Pons has experience in the 125cc and 250cc as well as the Moto2 class since its debut season, having started 60 races in the four-stroke intermediate class so far. Axel and Jonas will make their debut with the team on Thursday and Friday at the Jerez circuit.
Axel Pons: “I am very excited about this project, it is completely different to what I am used to and I am highly motivated. It is a big challenge, because firstly it means I am leaving my father’s team and work with new people. It’s important also to continue with Kalex, a bike I know well. It’s not the only change in my career, because I am also hand over the management to Dani Amatriaín. Someone who has championship winners in his portfolio like he does is the best support to help me. I am changing my preparation, intensifying the training on the bike and in the gym. I finished my university time in the middle of this year and I am free to to start this without another care.”
Source: Team AGR
- Ciabatti: "Correct direction is to keep it like it is"
- Speed Up lead incredibly tight Moto2™ FP3
- Rins fastest, top 10 within 0.4 in stunning FP3
- Canet sets new outright lap record to top Moto3™ FP3
- Best photos: Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya
- Rins pleased with rhythm despite P11
- Rossi enjoys "better feelings" on Friday in Barcelona
- The race for the 2019 MotoGP™ eSport Championship starts now