Alvaro Bautista took the opportunity on the final day of post-season testing at Valencia to evaluate Honda’s 2014 prototype, although his track time with the new machine was limited due to a crash at the start of his second run.
After that setback the Spaniard went back to the 2013 version to concentrate on developing a new suspension package brought to the test by Showa, completing 58 laps as the team signed off until preseason testing gets underway at Sepang in February 2014.
Alvaro Bautista (5th 1’31.229 – 58 laps) “We were supposed to spend the whole day working on the 2014, bike but unfortunately on my second run I lost the front without warning and crashed. From that point we decided to get back out on the old bike and do some more work with the new front forks and rear shock that we already started yesterday. We found some positive things in corner entry, but the feeling was worse on the exit, so we need to keep working. We will have a lot of work to do at Sepang if we want to be competitive for the start of the new season.”
Fausto Gresini “Alvaro was hoping for a longer test on the 2014 machine but the crash meant that he had to revert his focus to suspension tests. There has been some positive progress, but the work will continue when we get our 2014 test programme started at Sepang. ”
Source: Gresini Racing
- Introducing… MotoGP™ Fantasy!
- This is MotoGP™: speed, rivalry and innovation
- Final stop Qatar: Moto2™, Moto3™ back on track for testing
- Everything we know ahead of the 2020 season opener
- New custom typeface for MotoGP™
- Yamaha take 2020 preseason testing clean sweep
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Qatar Test race simulations: who impressed?