The circuit in Almería set the stage at the end of last week for the first pre-season tests for many Moto2 and Moto3 teams. The championship winning Team Calvo did not pass up this opportunity and the three riders representing the team from Madrid got their first taster of the KTM bikes they will be riding this season.
The conclusions reached after three days of testing were very positive as Isaac Viñales as well as his teammates Jakub Kornfeil and Eric Granado adapted to their bikes very quickly and already showed to be some of the most competitive amongst the teams taking part in these tests.
#32 Isaac Viñales / @ISAAC_VINYALES
To wear the colours of the team with which my cousin won the world championship is a great privilege and to race with Team Calvo this season is a fantastic opportunity for me. The tests have been very positive because not only could I get to know the team better and see how professional they work but we could also achieve some very good results thanks to this way of working in the garage. The KTM has caught my attention because you can accelerate very quickly and has an engine with great potential. I’m sure that with this team and with this bike we can make our mark this season.
Source: Team Calvo
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018
- Marquez equals Stoner as Rossi gets back on the podium May 20, 2018