It was a difficult weekend for team AGP Racing in Qatar. The free practice sessions didn’t bring the desired progress and also going into qualifying, the team was facing problems with the bike’s setup.
Julian Simon qualified nineteenth during a session that was influenced by difficult track conditions and a lot of wind.
“Our first target was to improve the bike on the brakes, which was a big issue at the last test in Jerez. Day by day the feeling improved, but we weren’t able to make up positions. The first practice session was lost because of electronic problems, and we weren’t able to set the chassis as we wanted. We are studying the data that we collected to find a solution that will allow us to have a good race”.
But also race day didn’t bring the result the team and Julian had hoped for, with the Spaniard finishing just outside the points in sixteenth place.
“We have worked flat out, but still suffer from heavy chattering that becomes even stronger while the race goes on. I’m sorry – I know that our team deserves more, but unfortunately we couldn’t do any better. We have to look ahead now to the next race – we must improve in Texas”
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Marc Marquez: "I’m struggling more here"
- Zarco "riding better every time" on board the Ducati
- P1 for Quartararo as Yamaha, Suzuki continue to look strong
- 16:30 in Qatar: Petrucci tops the Day 2 timesheets
- Aprilia confirm Lorenzo Savadori as MotoGP™ test rider
- Battle ready: Suzuki secure 1-2 on opening day in Qatar
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins