The first FIM CEV round outside of Spain was held on Saturday afternoon at the Le Mans circuit. With a unique atmosphere and in front of an enthusiastic crowd, the Team Calvo riders went “all in“. The race was cut short by an accident involving multiple riders at the start and turned into a 9-lap flag to flag sprint.
The best Team Calvo CEV rider was Spaniard Marcos Ramírez, who fought the entire race for a podium position. In the end he missed the podium by a couple of thousandths and had to settle for sixth place. Nicolo Bulega finished thirteenth after a two-way battle between himself and his teammate Remy Gardner.
The entire team also sends their get-well wishes to Wayne Ryan who hasn’t fully recovered from the crash he suffered in Jerez and couldn’t compete.
The next race will be held at the Motorland Circuit of Aragón on June 8th, when all categories are back in action.
#24 Marcos Ramírez – 6th place
“Someone touched me at the start and I lost a lot of positions. Fortunately I could fight my way back and battle in the top group. I had the podium almost certain but on the back straight I missed a gear and two riders could overtake me and I just couldn’t pull this back. I feel bad for the team because I pretty much had my feet on the podium already. Motorland is a circuit that I like a lot and I hope I can return to fighting for the win.”
Source: Team Calvo
- Bradl testing a RC213V in Jerez
- 25 years: Repsol Honda present 2019 bike in Madrid
- Ducati evolution gallery: 2003-2019
- Follow the Repsol Honda Team presentation live!
- Pawi: “My intention is to completely change my mentality”
- Lorenzo completes operation and will miss the Sepang test
- KymiRing edges closer to completion
- 2019 MotoGP™ calendar confirmed!