Jorge Navarro gave a fantastic account of himself on an unforgettable Marc VDS Racing Team debut in the 23-lap Moto3 race, despite being involved in an impetuous first lap incident.
Starting from the second row after the best ever qualifying performance by a Marc VDS rider in Moto3, the 18-year-old Spaniard finished 14th and spent almost half of the race in contention for the top 10.
Jorge Navarro // 14th
“My target coming into this weekend was to finish the race and gain as much as experience as possible, so to score two-points and be fighting for the top 10 makes me incredibly happy. I think I could have made a better result but two important mistakes compromised my race a little. But for my first race with the team and everything being so new like the Kalex-KTM package and the track, I have to be satisfied with my performance. The biggest thing I learned was the first laps are very important and you have to push at your maximum right from the start. And you can’t commit any mistakes at this level because you get punished. I am very happy to get this opportunity from Marc VDS Racing and after such a positive start I can’t wait for Brno next weekend.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Road to MotoGP™: a thriving feeder to the World stage
- Buriram tops 2019 spectator billing
- Regulation changes: testing, wildcards and wet race starts
- Marquez wins the BMW M Award for seventh time
- Off the Racing Line: riders' lives away from track
- Cardelus joins Avintia Esponorama for 2020 MotoE™ season
- Simeon and Canepa to line up with LCR E-Team in 2020
- FIM Gala: 2019 World Champions celebrated in Monaco