For Jorge Navarro the opening day at Brno was spent learning his way around the 5.4km circuit.
The 18-year-old Spaniard proved a fast learner, improving his lap time in the second free practice session by over a second to finish as the highest placed Kalex-KTM rider in 19th position and just 1.863s off the fastest time, set by Alex Marquez.
Jorge Navarro // 19th // 2’09.842
“Brno is another new track for me, but at least this weekend it is the only new thing, as I now have some experience of the Kalex-KTM and the team after Indianapolis. This morning I did many laps on used tyres just so I could learn and get confidence on the new track. This afternoon we improved by one second and my feeling was good, but we need to make some changes to the bike to improve further, as I believe we can be higher up the order tomorrow.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?