For Jorge Navarro the opening day at Brno was spent learning his way around the 5.4km circuit.
The 18-year-old Spaniard proved a fast learner, improving his lap time in the second free practice session by over a second to finish as the highest placed Kalex-KTM rider in 19th position and just 1.863s off the fastest time, set by Alex Marquez.
Jorge Navarro // 19th // 2’09.842
“Brno is another new track for me, but at least this weekend it is the only new thing, as I now have some experience of the Kalex-KTM and the team after Indianapolis. This morning I did many laps on used tyres just so I could learn and get confidence on the new track. This afternoon we improved by one second and my feeling was good, but we need to make some changes to the bike to improve further, as I believe we can be higher up the order tomorrow.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- "We made a big impact before we even went out on track"
- Di Meglio to continue with Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS
- Zarco to Avintia: a gallery of the Frenchman's career
- Zarco joins Reale Avintia Racing for 2020
- John Hopkins set to work as American Racing rider coach
- Road to MotoGP™: a thriving feeder to the World stage
- Buriram tops 2019 spectator billing
- Regulation changes: testing, wildcards and wet race starts