On his first visit to the Silverstone circuit, Jorge Navarro improved significantly in the second practice session, to finish today less than a second off provisional pole and 16th on the Moto3 timesheet.
After a difficult session this morning, the 18-year-old Spaniard had a much better feeling with the bike and track this afternoon and is confident of further improvement tomorrow.
Jorge Navarro // 16th // 2’16.409
“This morning was quite difficult. The track was new to me and the conditions weren’t ideal, but we also tested some updated components on the bike that didn’t give the improvement we were expecting. For this afternoon’s session we went back closer to our Brno set up on the rear of the bike, but tested a new set of forks in the front. The feeling was much better and now we know in which direction we need to go to continue improving tomorrow.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?