On his first visit to the Silverstone circuit, Jorge Navarro improved significantly in the second practice session, to finish today less than a second off provisional pole and 16th on the Moto3 timesheet.
After a difficult session this morning, the 18-year-old Spaniard had a much better feeling with the bike and track this afternoon and is confident of further improvement tomorrow.
Jorge Navarro // 16th // 2’16.409
“This morning was quite difficult. The track was new to me and the conditions weren’t ideal, but we also tested some updated components on the bike that didn’t give the improvement we were expecting. For this afternoon’s session we went back closer to our Brno set up on the rear of the bike, but tested a new set of forks in the front. The feeling was much better and now we know in which direction we need to go to continue improving tomorrow.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- "We made a big impact before we even went out on track"
- Di Meglio to continue with Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS
- Zarco to Avintia: a gallery of the Frenchman's career
- Zarco joins Reale Avintia Racing for 2020
- John Hopkins set to work as American Racing rider coach
- Road to MotoGP™: a thriving feeder to the World stage
- Buriram tops 2019 spectator billing
- Regulation changes: testing, wildcards and wet race starts