Electronic issues brought Jorge Navarro’s qualifying to a premature end today at Silverstone, with the 18-year-old Moto3 rider finishing the timed session in 26th position.
Although facing a tough race from the ninth row of the grid, Navarro is hopeful of a good start and a points scoring finish in tomorrow’s race.
Jorge Navarro // 26th // 2’15.405
“Today has been a very difficult day. In the morning my feeling was not so good, but at the start of qualifying I felt better with the bike, but I couldn’t make a good lap because of the traffic, as other riders cruising on track. I also made some mistakes and then the bike stopped due to a problem with the electronics when I was out on my last soft tyre. All I can do tomorrow is push.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Buriram tops 2019 spectator billing
- Regulation changes: testing, wildcards and wet race starts
- Marquez wins the BMW M Award for seventh time
- Off the Racing Line: riders' lives away from track
- Cardelus joins Avintia Esponorama for 2020 MotoE™ season
- Simeon and Canepa to line up with LCR E-Team in 2020
- FIM Gala: 2019 World Champions celebrated in Monaco
- Quartararo: "It’s important to not over-analyse the year"