This morning’s Moto3 free practice was Jorge Navarro’s first dry session at Misano, but he adapted quickly to finish inside the top ten aboard the Marc VDS Kalex-KTM.
The 18-year-old Spaniard looked all set to claim a top ten finish in qualifying too, but he lost time to a minor crash at the midpoint of the 40-minute timed session and will start tomorrow’s 23-lap Moto3 race from 13th on the grid.
Jorge Navarro // 13th // 1’43.974
“Today was a good day for me. From the beginning this morning my lap times were good and I ended the free practice session in tenth. In qualifying it was difficult at the start because of the traffic, but after we pitted for new tyres I managed two flying laps that put me into the top ten. Unfortunately I then had a small crash, which lost me both time and a bit of confidence. On my final run I was on a quick lap behind Alex Marquez when he crashed right in front of me and then, on my final flying lap, I had a bit of a moment myself. I’m happy, because today was my first time on this track in the dry and I’m just one second from pole. Now I’m looking forward to the race tomorrow.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?