Jorge Navarro looked all set to claim a top ten finish in today’s Moto3 race but, like many of his rivals, the 18-year-old Spaniard was caught out by the tricky mixed conditions and crashed at turn three while running in 8th position.
The race was eventually won by Romano Fenati.
Jorge Navarro // DNF
“I got away from the line pretty well and the feeling with the bike was good over the opening few laps. Conditions were difficult today; there was a definite dry line, but also a lot of wet patches on the track. I was inside the top ten when I just touched a wet part of the track at turn three and crashed. I’m really disappointed because I had a very good opportunity to make a good result today. Sometimes racing is like this, especially in these conditions, so now the focus is on Japan.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- "We made a big impact before we even went out on track"
- Di Meglio to continue with Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS
- Zarco to Avintia: a gallery of the Frenchman's career
- Zarco joins Reale Avintia Racing for 2020
- John Hopkins set to work as American Racing rider coach
- Road to MotoGP™: a thriving feeder to the World stage
- Buriram tops 2019 spectator billing
- Regulation changes: testing, wildcards and wet race starts