Jorge Navarro looked all set to claim a top ten finish in today’s Moto3 race but, like many of his rivals, the 18-year-old Spaniard was caught out by the tricky mixed conditions and crashed at turn three while running in 8th position.
The race was eventually won by Romano Fenati.
Jorge Navarro // DNF
“I got away from the line pretty well and the feeling with the bike was good over the opening few laps. Conditions were difficult today; there was a definite dry line, but also a lot of wet patches on the track. I was inside the top ten when I just touched a wet part of the track at turn three and crashed. I’m really disappointed because I had a very good opportunity to make a good result today. Sometimes racing is like this, especially in these conditions, so now the focus is on Japan.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?