Today saw the Moto3 qualifying for tomorrow’s Japanese Grand Prix.
Jorge Navarro continued to make significant improvements to his lap time in free practice and then qualifying this afternoon, as his knowledge of the technical Motegi circuit improved.
The 18-year-old Spaniard will start tomorrow’s 20-lap Moto3 race from 16th on the grid, after qualifying just 1.188s outside Danny Kent’s pole position time.
Jorge Navarro // 16th // 1’57.743
“I’m happy with qualifying today, as we’ve made good progress all weekend. Yesterday the feeling with the bike wasn’t so good, but today was a new day and we saw an improvement with every lap. Tomorrow I need to improve in some areas of the track, as that’s where I’m losing most of my time, so we have to keep working, but I’m happy enough with what we’ve achieved so far this weekend.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?