Team Calvo has announced the signing of a new rider for the upcoming two Moto3 seasons. The rider is Maria Herrera, the first female rider to win a race in the CEV Repsol championship, and together with Team Calvo she hopes to make it to the top in the world championship.
With her 18 years, the young woman from the La Mancha region comes with a wealth of experience and no less than three victories in the Spanish championship, where last year she was fighting for the title right up to the last race, under her belt. From the 2015 season on, she’ll be competing on a Husqvarna bike of Team Calvo in the Moto3 world championship.
#6 Maria Herrera / @MariiaHerrera_6
I’m very happy about this opportunity and I can’t wait to start. I’m very pleased that I was able to make the change. I believe I’ll do well and I think the bike will suit my riding style. Last year I felt very comfortable, and it’s received some upgrade since then so I think it’s a competitive bike. Also, I like the team a lot and I am sure together we can do some great work. This is a two-year project and this will help me immensely to stay calm when it comes to hunting result. Of course I’d also like to say a big thank you to Repsol because they’ve always supported me.”
Source: Team Calvo
- Red Bull Ring receives Best Grand Prix trophy in Kitzbühel
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 6: Aprilia
- Ducati Team unveil 2020 bikes
- Photo gallery: Ducati Team 2020 launch
- Pawi: "It was a long recovery, but now the feeling is good"
- 2020 MotoGP™ calendar officially confirmed
- Arbolino: "I’m ready for any condition and challenge"
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 5: KTM