QMMF Racing Team celebrated a strong team result at the French Grand Prix, with Spanish rider Julian Simon riding to sixth.
Simon was within the top group of riders right from the start, finishing lap one in eighth position and moving up to seventh on lap three.
For most of the race, he battled with his fellow countrymen Alex Rins and Luis Salom, but took advantage when his rivals crashed a few laps from the end of the race.
Julian Simon – 6th place
“We almost reached our goal. We aimed high yesterday saying a top five finish would be possible and today I finished sixth, which is not far off our target. My rhythm in the race was good, I was able to push a lot throughout the race and to ride consistently fast. The bike was better today than yesterday, I only had a small problem with the brake on the last lap, because the discs started to overheat. But all in all, I am happy because the team worked very well for today, especially on the chassis side. We are improving and getting a little bit better every race, which is important. My start was good, I managed to pass a few riders early on. I then wanted to go faster and to make up more positions, but it wasn’t possible, so I remained with Rins and Salom and had a good fight. I hope we can climb the next step in Mugello and do even better, but for the moment I am happy!”
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Marc Marquez: "I’m struggling more here"
- Zarco "riding better every time" on board the Ducati
- P1 for Quartararo as Yamaha, Suzuki continue to look strong
- 16:30 in Qatar: Petrucci tops the Day 2 timesheets
- Aprilia confirm Lorenzo Savadori as MotoGP™ test rider
- Battle ready: Suzuki secure 1-2 on opening day in Qatar
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins