Fall down seven times, stand up eight. These may be the words Niccolo Antonelli live by. Antonelli has been known as a crasher through out his career and is often criticized for making a lot of mistakes in the race. But last Sunday at the Czech Grand Prix, Antonelli rode to his full potential by winning the shortened Moto3 race from pole position. He had a bad launch off the starting grid, giving the impression that it could be another race where Antonelli would not make the podium again or get the result he deserves.
But Antonelli’s maturity, talent, and natural speed finally gelled together that day, which resulted to him taking his first ever grand prix win and podium. It was a perfect weekend for Antonelli as it was also confirmed he’ll be riding again with his current team next season. No longer just a crasher and now a grand prix winner, let’s hope Antonelli continues riding like this again in the next races. But in the meantime, take a look below at some bonus stats and an infographic on Niccolo Antonelli’s tough road to his first GP victory…
Niccolo Antonelli rides for the Ongetta-rivacold team, which is the same team Alexis Masbou rode for last year to clinch his first grand prix career win at the same track. Antonelli, like his mentor Valentino Rossi in 1996, started from pole position and then went on to claim his first grand prix win at the CzechGP.
FULL GAS is our special, regular blog by Kermit Abadilla from the Philippines – taking a look back at the weekend’s race action and sharing other MotGP, Moto2, Moto3, and WSBK related stuff. A fan of the sport since 8, he is interested in fitness, sports, inspiring businesses and stories, reading, and likes daydreaming and helping. He also does social media & content writing.
- #USWorldSBK Day 3 – Masterful Rea does Laguna Seca double June 25, 2018
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Advantage Bezzecchi approaching Assen's final chicane June 25, 2018
- One point in it: Oliveira and Bagnaia ready for round eight June 25, 2018
- Assen: magic and myth collide at the ‘Cathedral’ June 25, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018