The weather for today’s qualifying practice was good with some cloudy skies at lunch time but less windy compared to yesterday, so perfect conditions for teams and rider to fight out tomorrow’s grid at the fast and flowing Silverstone Circuit.
Efren Vazquez, the experienced Spaniard in Leopard Racing’s colours, displayed a strong form too this weekend thus far. The 28 year old from the Basque part was also on his way to qualify for the front row, even though for a possible pole position today. But likewise team mate Kent, Vazquez’s priority during both days of practice was to work on race performance.
The schedule for race day here in Silverstone is different to the usual one with starting time for the Moto3 race at 3:30 pm Central Europe time.
#7 Efren VAZQUEZ, Grid position 4th – 2´13.124 (12/13):
“Yes, I’m happy about today’s qualifying but also for both days of practice because I think we did a really good job during each session. Just in my fastest lap towards the end of qualifying I run into some traffic and I also made one mistake through one of the last corners. But in general our starting position for tomorrow’s race is quite good and if the weather remains dry for race day I’m quite sure that we’re ready to fight for a possible podium finish.”
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018