The weather for today’s qualifying practice was good with some cloudy skies at lunch time but less windy compared to yesterday, so perfect conditions for teams and rider to fight out tomorrow’s grid at the fast and flowing Silverstone Circuit.
Efren Vazquez, the experienced Spaniard in Leopard Racing’s colours, displayed a strong form too this weekend thus far. The 28 year old from the Basque part was also on his way to qualify for the front row, even though for a possible pole position today. But likewise team mate Kent, Vazquez’s priority during both days of practice was to work on race performance.
The schedule for race day here in Silverstone is different to the usual one with starting time for the Moto3 race at 3:30 pm Central Europe time.
#7 Efren VAZQUEZ, Grid position 4th – 2´13.124 (12/13):
“Yes, I’m happy about today’s qualifying but also for both days of practice because I think we did a really good job during each session. Just in my fastest lap towards the end of qualifying I run into some traffic and I also made one mistake through one of the last corners. But in general our starting position for tomorrow’s race is quite good and if the weather remains dry for race day I’m quite sure that we’re ready to fight for a possible podium finish.”
- Qatar GP, Losail: Friday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 16, 2018
- Qatar GP, Losail: MotoGP 2018 gets underway – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 weekend preview March 13, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol 2018 Promotional Clip March 8, 2018
- Arón Canet and Alonso López present sports plans for the 2018 season March 5, 2018
- Vroom Magazine launches as iPhone App March 4, 2018
- MotoGP Qatar Test – Day 3 Roundup March 3, 2018
- FP3: Marquez leads Baldassarri and Oliveira March 17, 2018
- Canet, Martin and Antonelli head up FP3 March 17, 2018
- Lorenzo: aero or no aero is the question in Qatar March 16, 2018
- Dovizioso: “I’m not too worried…” March 16, 2018
- Suzuki closest challenger to Ducati on Day 1 March 16, 2018
- MotoE™ Teams announced March 16, 2018