The Aprilia Racing Team Gresini had good qualifying sessions at Silverstone on the decisive day that defines the starting grid for the race tomorrow.
After some intense work on race pace in FP3 and FP4, Bautista and teammate Bradl took on the qualifiers with different states of mind. The Spaniard was more confident with his pace and Stefan was more aware of his room for improvement in the race. But on his flying lap the German put forth his best effort and took a great placement in 2’02,657.
Bautista, who secured the 20th best time (tenth in QP1 with 2’02,908), took a spot on the seventh row, but he is optimistic about his performance over race distance.
“In FP3 this morning we worked a lot on race pace and we found a solution that helped me to be more consistent on worn tyres. In the last session we made a few small changes and improved performance going into turns. I was feeling good, trying to maintain a consistent pace even on a very worn tyre. Maybe all of that work took a bit off my fast lap, but it gave me more confidence for performance over race distance.”
Source: Gresini Racing
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018