The Aprilia Racing Team Gresini had good qualifying sessions at Silverstone on the decisive day that defines the starting grid for the race tomorrow.
After some intense work on race pace in FP3 and FP4, Bautista and teammate Bradl took on the qualifiers with different states of mind. The Spaniard was more confident with his pace and Stefan was more aware of his room for improvement in the race. But on his flying lap the German put forth his best effort and took a great placement in 2’02,657.
Bautista, who secured the 20th best time (tenth in QP1 with 2’02,908), took a spot on the seventh row, but he is optimistic about his performance over race distance.
“In FP3 this morning we worked a lot on race pace and we found a solution that helped me to be more consistent on worn tyres. In the last session we made a few small changes and improved performance going into turns. I was feeling good, trying to maintain a consistent pace even on a very worn tyre. Maybe all of that work took a bit off my fast lap, but it gave me more confidence for performance over race distance.”
Source: Gresini Racing
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018