The Aprilia Racing Team Gresini had good qualifying sessions at Silverstone on the decisive day that defines the starting grid for the race tomorrow.
After some intense work on race pace in FP3 and FP4, Bautista and teammate Bradl took on the qualifiers with different states of mind. The Spaniard was more confident with his pace and Stefan was more aware of his room for improvement in the race. But on his flying lap the German put forth his best effort and took a great placement in 2’02,657.
Bautista, who secured the 20th best time (tenth in QP1 with 2’02,908), took a spot on the seventh row, but he is optimistic about his performance over race distance.
“In FP3 this morning we worked a lot on race pace and we found a solution that helped me to be more consistent on worn tyres. In the last session we made a few small changes and improved performance going into turns. I was feeling good, trying to maintain a consistent pace even on a very worn tyre. Maybe all of that work took a bit off my fast lap, but it gave me more confidence for performance over race distance.”
Source: Gresini Racing
- Crutchlow tops FP3, Marquez still fastest, Yamahas miss out
- Bezzecchi fastest as Saturday action begins in Aragon
- A new era: Triumph Moto2™ engine handover
- 2019 Aprilia will be ready for Valencia test
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Rossi: “In the afternoon we suffered more”
- Provisional 2019 team entries released
- 5 keys to Aragon… by Fonsi Nieto