Alvaro Bautista rode his Aprilia RS-GP to a tenth place finish in the rain at the English GP and matched his best performance of the season after the identical placement at Barcelona.
For the Italian team this concludes a weekend of great improvement with a nice result, also characterized by good performance on Saturday during qualifying when Bradl, with the 14th best time, earned the best placement on the starting grid so far this season. These are positive signs of improvement in view of the next round at Misano.
“First of all I’d like to compliment whoever stopped the start. That was an excellent decision that prevented any problems. I’m disappointed not to have been able to race on a dry track as yesterday I had found a good feeling with the bike and I could have collected a lot of information. At the beginning I didn’t have a great feeling in the wet but I saw straight away that my times were quite good. It was difficult to gauge tyre performance, especially the rear, so I tried to set my pace and ride smoothly. That way I was also able to come back a bit, battling with various rivals, especially in the second part of the race that seemed to last a long time. In the end I even came close to ninth place, but this result is fine. I’d like to thank the entire team for the great job they did this weekend.”
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019