Alvaro Bautista rode his Aprilia RS-GP to a tenth place finish in the rain at the English GP and matched his best performance of the season after the identical placement at Barcelona.
For the Italian team this concludes a weekend of great improvement with a nice result, also characterized by good performance on Saturday during qualifying when Bradl, with the 14th best time, earned the best placement on the starting grid so far this season. These are positive signs of improvement in view of the next round at Misano.
“First of all I’d like to compliment whoever stopped the start. That was an excellent decision that prevented any problems. I’m disappointed not to have been able to race on a dry track as yesterday I had found a good feeling with the bike and I could have collected a lot of information. At the beginning I didn’t have a great feeling in the wet but I saw straight away that my times were quite good. It was difficult to gauge tyre performance, especially the rear, so I tried to set my pace and ride smoothly. That way I was also able to come back a bit, battling with various rivals, especially in the second part of the race that seemed to last a long time. In the end I even came close to ninth place, but this result is fine. I’d like to thank the entire team for the great job they did this weekend.”
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018
- Pedrosa and Miller drop in on the Asia Talent Cup in Qatar March 21, 2018
- KTM find the positives from Losail March 20, 2018
- Syahrin: second rookie and points in his first ever race March 20, 2018